List:       koffice
Subject:    Frames/KOffice
From:       Joao Sampaio <joaosampaio () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1999-12-19 12:15:24

Hi,
I've been using koffice and I find it to be very,very good.

I really loved that idea of frame-orientation! It's extremely simple, easy
and provides really good appearance and consistence. Why don't make all koffice
apps frame oriented?? (KPresenter, for example, it's already kind of frame
oriented. KIllustrator too (more or less). A KImage/KimageShop doc would be a
single frame. KSpread could be like a bunch of frames glued together (kindoff
KWord Tables) or a single frame.) In that way you could just insert frames of
different applications and make a very consistent document, easly editable.

 - All texts frames in KOffice would be KWord Text frames
 - All picture frames in KOffice would be KImage frames
 - All tables would be KSpread tables

I hope you liked this idea,
Joao Sampaio

PS: Even if you don't like it, consider making KPresenter frame-oriented.