List:       koffice
Subject:    Hello, World!
From:       "Daniel Bigham" <daniel_bigham () hotmail ! com>
Date:       1999-12-18 19:26:16

Hey guys... I just subscribed to koffice@kde.org.

My name is Daniel Bigham; I'm a 19 year old computer science student at the
University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada.

I guess I'm just generally interested in helping out with KOffice in any way
possible.

I'm a VB programmer first and foremost, which won't be directly helpful, but
I've aquired a lot of GUI-design related skills from VB, and have a fair bit
of programming experience.

I know a tiny bit of Java, and I also know PERL somewhat (Regexps, etc).

I don't know any C++ and I don't have any direct experience with programming
on Linux.  So I'm sort of in rough shape there, but there's a always the
time to learn.

Is there someone who's generally in charge here?  It'd be great if someone
could set me up with something to work on.

Maybe you guys could tell me who you are or just give me a link to a webpage
that says the equivalent :)

-Daniel

PS  I don't actually have Linux on my system, which is sort of a bummer, but
it's not entirely necessary I suppose.  I should have it on fairly soon.