List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: M$ Word filter?
From:       Marc van Kempen <marc () bowtie ! nl>
Date:       1999-11-30 12:51:11

> > There already exists a MSWord->HTML converter (mswordview, see
> > http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/MSWordView.html), maybe it can
> > be edited to write KWord-files? It is GPL'ed at least, a good starting
> > point :-)
>
> Sigh - a C Nightmare :) I really tried to find my way through the code,
> but at a certain point I decided not to use *that* as a starting point :)

Have you looked at wvware? The author seemed to agree with your assesment
of the code, and in view of the Abiword authors wanting to use the code to
import Word files, decided to rewrite it as a library. At the same
time it got renamed to wvware.

see	http://www.wvware.com

Don't try to reinvent the wheel, please!

Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl