List:       koffice
Subject:    KOffice: Compiling issues
From:       "Schmidt, Frank-Andreas" <Frank-Andreas.Schmidt () sig ! siemens ! de>
Date:       1999-11-29 8:28:21

Hello together,

I set up a new PC this weekend using SuSE V6.3.
I used "Beispielbenutzer" as a basic installation but did not install KDE and the \
QTLIBS.

I used the following snapshots to build a KDE environment:

QT 2.1 snapshot dated 26.11. 99
KDE-support dated 25.11. 99
KDE-libs dated 26.11. 99
KDE-base dated 26.11. 99
KOffice dated 26.11. 99

I proceeded as given at "Download and Install the Source"-page
The QT and KDE-libs compiled well with the recommended compilers. At KDE-libs and \
KDE-base, compilation broke and I did a make clean and a make distclean and tried \
again: After that the packages compiled well, too.

I havenīt compiled KOffice yet because I came over the following problem:

QT installed to /usr/local/qt/
KDE-support/libs installed to /usr/local/kde/
KDE-base installed to /opt/kde/

What have I done wrong ? Did I have to set a make install option ?

It *seems* startkde is working fine. But will KOffice work in this environment, too ?
Any recommendations ?

Thanks in advance, Frank