List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Changes in KWord
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-11-28 10:20:44

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 12:01:24AM +0100, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>> Hi!
>> As selecting text did never really work in KWord using the method I used
>> (NotROP, etc.), I finally decided to rewrite it. As these are bigger changes,
>> please don't commit any changes to kword_page.* and don't touch printLine and
>> drawSelection in kword_doc.cc until I´m done with that to avoid conflicts (I
>> hope I'm I can finish it until tomorrow night)
>>
>Could you by any chance use the same stuff for kpresenter ?

No, too different.

>I think not (you've said there are quite different)...
>but selecting text in kpresenter doesn't work well either
>(especially when selecting from bottom to up...)
>Perhaps a common strategy could be used ?

No, that's very much depending on the design of the text object/wordprocessor.

>Or is it just a matter of fixing a few bugs in kpresenter's KTextObject ?

No, the whole KTextObject is one of the most crappy pieces of code I ever
wrote. I would have rewritten it already, but I'm waiting for the editable
QRichTextEdit which Matthias E. is writing in will come into Qt 2.1. I'll then
switch to this one as this can do the same + some more stuff and is already in
Qt then. It works really fine and also uses my favourite Wp design: a format
context :-)

--
Reggie