List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: User support (RE: M$ Word filter?)
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-11-26 9:49:41

>         Thanx david for making a few points clear. But from my practical
> experience , I have found 2 points.
>         1. Companies like talking instead of sending mails ,
> and they want it to be a formal affair.
Too bad for those companies, then :-)
Time will tell how many dare trying the experience.

>         2. Users are not keen to contact the developers, as
> they feel what they will get back is tech mumbo jumbo, which to a certain
> extent is true.
I see what you mean, but I'm not sure this is true. Why would KDE users dare
to do it and not KOffice users ? Both are aimed at non-tech users, and you
need
to run a Unix box to use KOffice anyway - so it's not "even dumber users"
that will
use KOffice.
Again time will tell.

>         KWord is fantastic. But I dont use it regularly cause I need to
run
> KDE2 , and since I use KDE for all my work , they kinda dont mix well.
That's not right. You can use KOffice under anything, including KDE-1.x
I've been doing it several times myself.

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer