List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Style Guide - First Draft (now second ?)
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-11-23 19:44:10

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Werner Trobin sent some bits over the net composing to the following:
> 4. Template Choose Dialog:
I vote for removing "Start with an empty document". It is quite confusing if
you don't use the program regularly. There are just too many options in that
dialog. Instead, if the installation is broken,
a) detect this and show this "empty" template chooser. Or
b) just always show this template in addition to the ones installed on disk,
  but hardcode what's done when choosing it.
I like a) more, so one could configure the program to show some special
templates but NO empty template (e.g. for special company purposes).

I vote for an "Insert" menu as you do, at least instead of "Edit". "Tools"
would be the candidate for switching tools, that is mouse modes. I.e. you draw
circles / rectangles and so on. But you "Insert" a footnote, row and so on.
Though, you "edit" properties of a selected object, so this should go into
"Edit" (at the end) IMO.
Maybe this should go into the doc, too (after being discussed ;-) )

To everybody on KDE-LOOK:
This is a about a draft for a KOffice style guide by Werner Trobin. Since it's
not large, I'll attach it again (2nd draft, VERY slightly enhanced by me). The
KDE style guide is found here:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/basics/index.html

--

Ciao,