List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Feature request for koml >:)
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-11-22 21:31:07

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 09:12:06PM +0100, Werner Trobin wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Can someone please be so kind to improve koml and/or KWord that
>> it is able to cope with '<!DOCTYPE DOC>' and stuff like that
>> (i.e. ignore it :))?
>Having koml ignore '<DOCTYPE ...>' is easy. I'll do it right now.
>But what's "stuff like that" ? :-)
>
>> The problem arises because I use QDom & Co. for the olefilters
>> and KWord (and KPresenter?) can't find a '<DOC>' tag if there is
>> this '<!DOCTYPE DOC>' stuff.
>You mean that QXml _writes_ the doctype line, right ?
>Otherwise I'm confused (about which one has to be fixed).
>
>> Another possibility would be that you (Torben?) would give me
>> some info that I can try to do it myself. (Yet another one would
>> be some QDom documentation or a hint how I can create the
>> QDomDocument without this tag...)
>Having the tag there is correct. koml should just ignore it,
>or we should port apps to forget about koml anyway :-)

As I said already KWord and KPresenter will stay with koml for the first
version. For the first version I want to fix not working stuff and improve it
and I donīt want to rewrite working stuff (especially if this is code like
works correctly)

So, just because one stupid tag itīs not worth the efforts. In KOffice 2 or
whatever the next version will be Iīll rewrite a lot anyway and then I will
also get rid of koml there :-)

--
Reggie