List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Feature request for koml >:)
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-22 21:49:15

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 09:12:06PM +0100, Werner Trobin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can someone please be so kind to improve koml and/or KWord that
> it is able to cope with '<!DOCTYPE DOC>' and stuff like that
> (i.e. ignore it :))?
Having koml ignore '<DOCTYPE ...>' is easy. I'll do it right now.
But what's "stuff like that" ? :-)

> The problem arises because I use QDom & Co. for the olefilters
> and KWord (and KPresenter?) can't find a '<DOC>' tag if there is
> this '<!DOCTYPE DOC>' stuff.
You mean that QXml _writes_ the doctype line, right ?
Otherwise I'm confused (about which one has to be fixed).

> Another possibility would be that you (Torben?) would give me
> some info that I can try to do it myself. (Yet another one would
> be some QDom documentation or a hint how I can create the
> QDomDocument without this tag...)
Having the tag there is correct. koml should just ignore it,
or we should port apps to forget about koml anyway :-)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org