List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Style Guide - First Draft
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-11-14 17:00:32

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>I like this style guide :-)
>
>Just one short question: What's wrong with using a statusbar?

Nothing, IMO every KOffice app should have a statusbar (showing current page
num, some other specific info). Also in a statusbar you should have a animated
printer if the part is printing, or show a progressbar if something happens
which takes longer (e.g. loading a long doc). This should be added in the
future IMO.

Because of the template dialog: I disagree that "Open empty document" should be
removed. Ok, currently itīs the same as the Plain template. But this will
change. Iīll change it that using this a default document (empty) without a
template is opened. So, imagine your setup is fucked up, and no templates are
found. In this case you can still do something using the "Open empty document"
way as this doesnīt need a template. So, this entry in the template dia has to
stay (and I donīt see a single argument for removing it)

Because of the toos/insert/edit stuff: You know my opinion. If somebody knows
how to make it better - work on the kpresenter.rc or kword.rc file and send it
me. If I like it Iīll use it as default, else I wont :-))

--
Reggie