List:       koffice
Subject:    Python
From:       Phil Thompson <phil () river-bank ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-10-01 19:41:29

Sorry for arriving late for this discussion - I wasn't subscribed to the
list until Avus gave me a nudge.

As I understand it (I haven't checked myself) the Python support that
was in KOffice was a very, very early version on my bindings. I'm not
surprised it wasn't maintained - particularly as it is machine
generated.

As part of the continuing development of PyQt/PyKDE I want to allow C++
developers to add Python support to their applications (by implementing
a KPython class?).  I would support and maintain this.

I have no axe to grind as far as KScript vs Python is concerned (I have
an opinion but it's no more or less valid than anybody else's) - but a
maintainer for the Python support shouldn't be used as an issue.

Phil