List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kformula(s)
From:       Andrea Rizzi <bilibao () ouverture ! it>
Date:       1999-09-23 16:22:53

On lun, 20 set 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, David Faure wrote:
>>> BTW: I integrated libkformula from kdelibs into KWord
>>> yesterday, now you can really use formulas in KWord :-))
>>Excellent !
>
>BTW: I'll integrate it into KPresenter too.
>
>>Does this mean we can get rid of the OpenParts kformula altogether ?
>
>For me it's not a problem.
>
>> (It seems to have more features than libkformula though... (not sure)
>>  In this case some backporting is necessary first...)
>
>I don't know. I never managed to really use KFormula so I really have no idea.

I'm going to finish my exams (for this year), so I have again time to develop
kformula (openpart).
I think we have to decide if is better to keep the kformula openpart code or to
use libkformula.
I don't want to write unuseful code.

I can  restart developing after the 8th of Oct.
So let me know if we still need an openpart kformula or if we will use
libkformula.

Bye

Andrea

P.S. (description of the internal structure of KF & libKF)

KFormula (op) use a object structure to store the formula, each element is an
object, a list of all object is stored in eList and it is used to edit the
formula.

libkformula (afaik) keep the data in a string and it read it each time you
modify it recreating the object structure.

--
Registered Linux User No.71426  |       ***  KDE Project  ***
        Andrea Rizzi		|  http://www.kde.org/