List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Embedding
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-09-15 15:42:25

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
>> If you talk about inconsistency between KWord and KPresenter's textobject: No,
>> they are so different and things (like indent) are handled very different. But
>> I can't see so much inconsistence between these apps.
>
>No, I was talking about ms word/ ms powerpoit explicitely, but it's tru
>that I would like to see/help make that one day in the future KWord's
>paragraph/textobject, Kpresenter's one, KIllu and even KIS and KSpread are
>the same thing, with the same usability (a part?)

Sorry Chistian, but this is just some dreaming. You can't just get out the
"textobject" of KWord, it's much too powerful. You need the whole application
around that. For e.g. KPresenter it doesn't make sense (you don't need e.g.
frames in a textobject, no speed optimations like in KWord, etc.) And embedding
a KWord for each textobject is KPresenter is too expansive, slow, etc. There is
a reason why in all office suites the wordprocessor is not used e.g. in the
presentation app.

But yes, the same textobject could be used in KPresenter, KSpread, KIllu and
KIS. But KWord is another story.

--
Reggie