List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Embedding
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-09-15 13:43:07

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> >Opinion? Excellent!! :-) "Insert" makes more user sense.
>
> Ok, I still prefer tools. Then tell me how to do following: If everything goes
> from tools to insert (which I will only do if I get some more good arguments,
> I'm not convinced yet), there is still the edit-tool or how it is called (the
> icon with the mouse cursor, you use this tool for moving/resizing/selecting/...
> objects). This of course can't be moved to insert. So this would stay alone in
> tools which is not acceptable (only one menuitem/toolbaritem in the tools menu
> is stupid). So what todo with this tool.

Put it in Edit and call it "Selector" or something. Anyway, putting
together in "Tool" the selector and the embedable parts/insertable
pics-objects is not very intuitive for the user. The first is an "action
hero" :-) the latest are "smart pawns" :-).

> If you talk about inconsistency between KWord and KPresenter's textobject: No,
> they are so different and things (like indent) are handled very different. But
> I can't see so much inconsistence between these apps.

No, I was talking about ms word/ ms powerpoit explicitely, but it's tru
that I would like to see/help make that one day in the future KWord's
paragraph/textobject, Kpresenter's one, KIllu and even KIS and KSpread are
the same thing, with the same usability (a part?)

Cristian