List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem: Close & Exit
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-09-12 1:50:11

> * Case 2 : NO
>
> We want to stick to the document-centered idea. Then I agree, no more Exit.
Definitly my favorite:)

> But we need to fix apps not to have such a no-document-state. But then the question
> is : what does KWord do when you press Cancel in the initial dialog box ?
IIRC(have no running kword at the moment:() the dialog offers only
different layouts, right? Then just open an empty doc when the user hits
cancel. DON'T exit in this case. An application shouldn't be controlled
by dialogs. The dialog should only give you some help in what basic
layout to choose. If for instance the user has no clue what that strange
dialog does(This happens to me quite often when using these fat windows
office suites:) allow him/her just to click it away, without
disturbing(by closing the window) the main process of creating a new
document. I just presume that users normally start applications on
purpose and not by accident;)

Just my 0.02 euro

Greets

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology