List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem: Close & Exit
From:       Keith Antoine <kantoine () eastwind ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-09-08 22:41:53

> How many of you really need (!) an Exit? If I have 3 windows open for
> KWord, it takes me 3 seconds to close them with the X-Button - no
> relation to the 2 hours I spent writing three documents :-) It also took
> me around 5 seconds to open these three windows, so please don't tell me
> you NEED an Exit because of the time...
>
> So my question to you is:
> SHOULD WE THROW OUT THE EXIT AND ONLY HAVE A CLOSE?

I am not a programmer just an OLD user of computers. Started in Englane
with GEC on Bombes in 1956. In true computers I mostly used
Commodore/Amiga till they died and they use CLOSE, but for the purposes
of usage today I NEVER, NEVER use exit unless forced to always X. This
is sent as a comment from a USER with many hrs of experience as an ISP
(eastwind is mine) plus a partime helper/installer. Hope the comment is
of some help. BTW I can help with the writing of documentation also I
have websit space if needed, Oh yes, TIME too.

--
Keith            |Email:kantoine@eastwind.com.au //
URL:www.eastwind.com.au