List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kded not started
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-09-08 13:45:05

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Alex Zepeda sent some bits over the net composing to the following:
>On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Tomas Cernaj wrote:
>
>> Seems like egcc is only present on Debian systems (I think that's why
>> Stephan agreed). Does it work with "CC=egcs" on other systems?
>
>FWIW, if you install egcs as a port (for instance on 3.2 or a snapshot on
>-current), it gets installed as egcc, eg++, etc, etc on FreeBSD.  But if
>you're stuck with Linux, I guess this wouldn't mean much.
>
>OTOH, I have never seen the egcs executable be named "egcs".  Usually when
>you install it it will get named prefix/bin/{gcc,g++,etc,etc}, where
>prefix is /usr/local by default.
After reading all this some time ago and installing a new (Debian Linux) system
now I was fooled by this, too. :-(
I just wanted to add that the problem ist just that here it's NOT
prefix/bin/{gcc,g++,etc,etc} see this short output:
[3] hans@TuxParadise:~ -> g++ --version
egcs-2.91.60
[3] hans@TuxParadise:~ -> gcc --version
2.7.2.3
Earlier I did not have that problem because I compiled egcs by myself.
Thanks anyway, I found this mail thread quite fast and it helped me.

--

Ciao,
   /  /