List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice web site (was: Encoding(s) in KOffice?)
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-09-01 13:11:34

Reginald Stadlbauer [reggie@troll.no] wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 1999, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> >PS: Can SOMEONE who knows give an answer on if we can use SSI (shtml files)
> >on koffice.kde.org?  If no one knows for sure, can you give me an address
> >of who to contact to find out?  Again, this is *not* a script or a separate
> >process or anything, it's a standard part of Apache/Netscape/etc. web
> >servers.  And it'd save a whole lot of time.
>
> The web servers is running apache (we can't change the configuration of it) and
> everything has to work fine with kfm. But for what do you need this?

This is 100% client independent.  KFM would never even know about it.

We want it because:

Without, *every* single page has to include the 8k HTML that is the
navbar/headers/etc.  If someone like you who isn't familiar with the new
design wants to make a quick change, you have to navigate through all that
extra crap to find the part you want.  Worse, if one of the navbar links
(or anything else) changes, we have to change it on *every* single page,
which sucks (though it can be scripted at least).

With, it's very simple -- for each page you just open it and see the stuff
important for that page and change that, any global changes just get made
one place.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/