List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kspread still not starting up
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-17 21:55:58

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Christian Bucher wrote:

> David Sagnol wrote:
> >
> > > kspread is dying immediately during startup
> > > and kword during open file
> > >
> > Maybe you forget to start kded before using KOffice applications ?
> >

> Bingo, I thought it'll be started by the applications.

This is what *should* happen. In fact kded gets launched automatically if
it's not running already, but in somewhat the app doesn't work then
anymore. (at least this is what I'm experiencing with Konqueror)

I know that this *used* to work, but I'm clueless why it suddenly stopped
working. I know that Waldo once ported this part of kded to KProcess, and
after some fixes in KProcess itself it actually worked fine.

Greetings,
 Simon