On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Christian Bucher wrote: > David Sagnol wrote: > > > > > kspread is dying immediately during startup > > > and kword during open file > > > > > Maybe you forget to start kded before using KOffice applications ? > > > > > Bingo, I thought it'll be started by the applications. This is what *should* happen. In fact kded gets launched automatically if it's not running already, but in somewhat the app doesn't work then anymore. (at least this is what I'm experiencing with Konqueror) I know that this *used* to work, but I'm clueless why it suddenly stopped working. I know that Waldo once ported this part of kded to KProcess, and after some fixes in KProcess itself it actually worked fine. Greetings, Simon