List:       koffice
Subject:    New Web Site
From:       Benjamin Meyer <icefox () mediaone ! net>
Date:       1999-08-08 2:51:39

Hello to everyone out there.

I woke up today and decided that I was going to make the website today.  That
was around 1 this afternoon and here it is now almost 11.  I worked on the site
and the entire thing is finished.  Granted there was things that I simply could
not do.  Here is the URL

http://gaby.ne.mediaone.net/koffice/koffice/

There are a few things left to do or comments.

1) I noticed that I had not set the default color to white.  I changed the top
pages, but should I set all the others?  Is netscape's default always grey.
If it is then I will fix the rest.

2) Before I hear any bashing about this yes I did use frontpage and yes I did
use a webbot in the making of this web site.  That does not mean that it was
the only thing that was used in the making of this site.  I am going to
move that webbot to an apache script later this week.  It just made things
easier today.

3) The developer gallery is pretty bare because I don't really have any
information on the developers at all (that is you!).  So can you give me the
info you want about yourself so I can put it up.

4) Under information we have a wish-list.  I am not really sure what that is.
Because we are in alpha we can't really have a wish list yet can we?  More like
a list of things left before 1.0

5) A lot of the programs had 0.0.1 for their version numbers.  Can the authors
of the respected programs please give me the correct number.

6) Under supporting Koffice should there be a snail mail address? (for sending
this can of soda somewhere...)

7) I moved the Katabase into the format of the rest of the web site.  It had
it's own site, but I easily moved it.  Hoped the respected author isn't
offended.

8)  Do we have a KOffice logo?  The logo on the top left is just the KDE logo.
Or maybe our logo should be the kde logo with the office undernieth.  What do
you guys think?

9)  I tried to keep the download times down to a minimal.  Images are used
scarcely on the page.  downloads should be quick.

10) More on the web bots.  In know that in apache you can simply tell a web
page to include another (<include bla.htm>??) as long as the page ends in
shtml.  Every web page I was going to have include the left hand side and the
right hand side.  To go along with this I made a web page called front.htm  that
page is the bottom right hand of every page. It is included into the larger page
using a webbot (right now) and the apache soon.  This would make it easy for the
developers to simple edit that page and it would automaticly be joined into the
larger site.

11) The site should be viewable from most screen sizes.  Tell me if there are
any problems.

12) you might have noticed a demo link coming on every app page.  Later (maybe
next month?)  I am going to start putting together demo's of the apps.  I would
simply be a collection of screen shots showing what the apps could do.  More
than screen shots and more than text listings of features......

13) ......that some programs seemed to be missing.  Again if the authors of the
respected programs can give me a list of features I can put them up right away.

14) I am uncertain as to why my site doesn't come out right on using kde's
browser.  Anyone that could tell me I would appritiate.

So What do you think?  Good?  Bad? Ok?  The real question is....should it be
used? please Respond

Benjamin Meyer