List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Stats for KSpread: opinion needed
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-08-07 11:38:33

Well, I kindof disagree here. I think the stat functions will be commonly used
(the whole reason I use spreadsheets is to organize and make general statisitics
of numeric data ;-) and I don't know if it will be a good thing to have Corba
calls for each calculation. OTOH, Siag uses scheme calls and it's relatively
fast so I don't now. You guys are the Corba experts, the only thing I can say
for sure is to expect stat fuctions to be used heavily and optimize for that.

...snip...

mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com