List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: RFC: KOffice Storage Structure
From:       David Faure <david.faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-08-02 9:24:23

Hi.

Nice proposal !
I like it a lot.

> 3) Accessing files:
> I think it is the easiest way to address the files either absolute or relative
> (e.g. "/KSpread/part0.ksp", or "picture3.jgp"). If ktar.cpp ensures that the
> names are unique one could even address the files via the plain name.

If filenames are unique, then there's no point in the directory-based storage,
is there ? The document you describe as an example is quite big and complex.
For simple documents (e.g. only pictures, no embedded parts), dirs might look overkill.
Not sure...

> P.S. I hope the attachment is not too big :(
I think attaching in .bz2 is not a good idea. It's not big, so I would
post it plain text, it's easier to read. (Furthermore, ark doesn't support
.bz2 it seems)

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org