List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: KOffice websites
From:       Joel Sing <jsing () bssc ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-07-24 14:16:46

Hi All,

>hi everyone,
>ok people... you gonna HATE me for this one... but I was just not in the
>workin mood this morning so I jotted a quick sketch of what Koffice website
>can look like. Before I give away the URL, here are some ideas I had in mind
>when doing it:
>1) it's got to be simple, but at the same time quite techno. Just look at
>Audi site... you wanna go out & buy one, because it's simple, calm and very
>neat.
I agree entirely on this one!!

>2) after experimenting with frames, I finally gave up =) KFM got alot of
>restrictions... even in simple tables you can't specify the height, only the
>width =)
Yup. Plus they have other problems like hiding URLs and getting frames
within frames within frames (Yuk!).

>3) I have not found any "official" icons for any of the applications. They
>seem to exist, according to the snapshots, but I couldn't get my hands on
>the original... (hint, hint)... so I made my own (oops!)
>4) most of the people who will lok at these pages are not developers =) they
>are curious, they want something understandable (my level, real braindead).
>So I made it simple
>
>only 3 pages work somehow so far... index, Kword and Kspread... there is a
>minimum info about every app, but I had no text =))) !!!!
>
>ok, the url is http://www.interped.su.se/koffice/index.htm (sorry, index.htm
>is compulsory, otherwize you'll end up with a real stupid 1st try of mine
>=))) IIS treats default.htm as a default =(
>
>Comments? people just don't kill me... it was simply a try =))
It's a great start!! I quite like the colour scheme. It's a nice soft
colour whilst being something different. I have a bit of a problem with all
the little boxes, they make it feel cluttered and boxed in. Perhaps you
could open it up a bit more.

Cheers,

Joel

     => Joel Sing | jsing@bssc.edu.au | ICQ#28726074 <=