List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice websites
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-07-23 20:29:24

Reginald Stadlbauer [reggie@troll.no] wrote:

> People, just as a reminder: We are talking about making some nice, simple
> websites for the KOffice. That's all. We can't run CGI and all that stuff at
> the server at the moment (and we don't need it at the moment too), and we can
> only use HTML stuff which is supported by KFM.

The point of using SSI would be to get rid of using frames, which IMO would
make the web site /more/ simple than it is now.  Frames are more complicated
than someone using Lynx wants to see, and they are just bad for navigation.

SSI is nothing complicated.  It requires one real setting in the web
server, which may be on by default anyway.  It has nothing to do with the
client, since it's server parsed, so KFM vs. anything else won't matter.
Once it's there doing the pages that way is no harder than doing them
without.

Anyway I'm only not doing pages right yet because I'm waiting for the
couple of people who are working on the list of what we need to get it
done.  I'm new to this project and I'm doing the web stuff cause I'm not a
developer so I have no real idea what you want.  It may be obvious to
you... but that's your part :)  Just tell us what you want...  I assume you
want something different than you have now and that's why it's being redone.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/