List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Web page http://koffice.kde.org/install-source.html
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-07-23 11:49:58

Am Fre, 23 Jul 1999 schrieb Markus Wiesecke:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I tried to compile the latest koffice snapshots along with the latest kdelib
> snapshots and I always ran into errors messages.
> The first problem I had was that I used the wrong qt version. I used the latest
> qt-2.1-snapshot because the above mentioned web pages says "snapshot"...
> The second problem I had was about mico:
> I configured it with the option --disable-mini-stl due to the instructions on
> your pages. But today I ftp´ed the latest kdelib and I got the error message that
> mico has to be compiled with --enable-mini-stl...
>
> I hope the koffice web pages will be updated soon, to prevent other interested
> people run into the same problems. I think they all have more exciting ways
> to waste their time ;-)

Sorry for the big trouble with KOffice but Torben an Reggie are making a big
HACK. Now the mini-stl is used because of less compile time of mico and koffice
apps. When the hack is finished KOffice will be compilable again. I hope so.

BUT: KOffice is ALPHA-ware. THis means I does not have to be compilable. It´s
under construction.

--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch