List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: KOffice websites
From:       "Benjamin Meyer" <icefox () mediaone ! net>
Date:       1999-07-23 10:50:26

It looks like you are right on time.

-----Original Message-----
Hi.  Sorry to come late to the discussion, I hope this is still the place
for it.

I'm going to be maintaining the KImageshop site, so I need to hook in with
whatever discussion is going on.  I've read the recent stuff from the
archive, looks like this is a good time to jump on board.

A few comments on the past discussion:

- I'd agree that we shouldn't use frames.

Agree we simple need to use somthing that will include webpages inside of
each other. I forget the code myself anyone know off hand??

- We of course have to make stuff that KFM is ok with.

- We definitely need to be judicious in our use of graphics.  These are
graphical apps, so we obviously need screenshots, and we want something
that looks nice, but kde.org already loads slow enough for me from the
midwest US.  But there's a lot we can do to make sure the images we do use
load as quickly as possible.

There are many things we can do and this will be a priority.

- How is the propsed site map coming?  I get the impression the developers
want/need a news site ASAP.  We should get the idea-talking done soon so we
can get something there.

I (Benjamin Meyer) have started working on a new layout.  In the next day or
two I will put it up here for people to critisize.  If anyone else is doing
this also please contact me (icefox@mediaone.net)  I am simple working on
the layout not that accual contect at this moment. (i.e. the design)  As
soon as it is approved I will begin to put in all the content.

Benjamin Meyer