List:       koffice
Subject:    KSpread math/ Goose
From:       <zedlwski () princeton ! edu>
Date:       1999-06-28 5:24:40

I mentioned a little while ago that Goose was an LGPLed stats library that's
used (very slightly) by some GNOME stuff but that it was designed to be pretty
portable.  So I looked into it a little more, and it looks really great.  I
mean, it'd provide regressions, great sorting, permutations, deviations,
standard distibutions, min, max, all that stuff, really easily.  If nobody else
minds, I'd like to give a go at throwing a KOM wrapper around it, because I've
been meaning to learn how to do that for a while.  I'm going to be studying a
LOT of stats and mathematical programming next year, so eventually I'd like to
start adding in a few more features.  Maybe I could just give an overall shot
at filling up that "Data" menu item a little bit more.  I'd really like to see
KSpread support at least all the mathematical functions of, say, StarCalc
(which is a surprisingly easy goal) by 1.0.
Anybody have objections?
--JZ