List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword crashes at startup
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-04 16:39:28

On Tue, 04 May 1999, Thomas Capricelli wrote:

> >If you use it this way, be sure to _not_ set KDEDIR at all or set it
> >to the right place. But I would prefer not using it and using --prefix
> >to configure
>
> I've set them to the right path (QTDIR, KDEDIR) and try to  start kword, it
> still crashes.
>
> and btw, I've checked that  /opt/*/share/kword/templates/* files are the same,
> so the problem of not loading template shouldn't be related to that.

I played now around and found really old KWord templates somewhere (from
20.11.98) and even with these templates KWord starts fine. Somehow I get the
impression that on your system just no template gets loaded or something like
that (maybe it can't be read). With a KWord version older that two days (with
the old template choose dialog) this can happen by accident (when no template
is selected and clicking ok) but with the new one this just can't happen. So I'm
really clueless. Please tell me from when your KOffice version is and send me
the mail with the attachments you promised.

Ciao, Reggie

--
Reginald Stadlbauer

E-Mail: reggie@kde.org