List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword crashes at startup
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-04 14:59:41

On Tue, 04 May 1999, Thomas Capricelli wrote:

> >works just fine everywhere. Somehow I think that on the system where this crash
> >happens something of kde/koffice is not installed and missing. I'm really
> >clueless about that.
> >
> >BTW: Which version of KOffice is this? Is it with Qt 2.0 or Qt 1.4x? Can
> >somebody else reproduce that?
>
> Hi, I do have exactly the same problem.
>
> I'm using qt/kde HEAD branch/ koffice with cvs, updated/compiled/installed
> this morning. I'm supposed to have every needed piece of software to use all
> of this.
>
> I'm running suse6.0 with a pentium II, 64Mb RAM. Can it be a problem of
> memory shortage ?. Do all your 6 machines have a lot of ram ?

No, one has only 16 MB.

Ok, the below gdb output tells me, that the document, which was created has no
frame. This is kind of wired, since such a document can't exist (ok, it
shouldn't crash but you could not do anything in such a document anyway :-).

Looks like no tempate was loaded. What did you exactly do? Which template did
you choose? Does this template really exist (look at
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kword/templates/<Type>/<Name>.kpt where <Type> is either
Wordprocessing or DTP and <Name> is the name of the Template you have chosen).

Ciao, Reggie

--
Reginald Stadlbauer

E-Mail: reggie@kde.org