List:       koffice
Subject:    Koffice
From:       Jim McCusker <jpmccusker () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1999-04-22 18:10:39

--- Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> wrote:
> Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:39:38 +0200
> From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org>
> To: mccusker@iname.com
> Subject: Re: Koffice
>
> Jim McCusker wrote:
> >
> > I have been thinking about putting together a desktop database
> program.
> > That is, one that does not need an SQL back end, but can just be run
> > locally. Of course, connections to SQL servers would be necessary. But
> the
> > main point of this was that I want to do it using XML. I've
> constructed a
> > format that I call DBML, for database markup language. I think that
> this
> > type of program would be perfect for Koffice, since it is lacking a
> > database, and is XML-based. I was wondering if you can tell me who I
> > should get in touch with to get this going, what sort of things I need
> > start, etc. I already have a good idea how the high-level
> implementation
> > should go, and I just need to have a base to put it on.
> >
> > Any help you can give would be great.
> >
> Please contact koffice@kde.org with your ideas. I lack any kind of
> knowledge in this area, so I can't help you more than this.
>
> Greetings, Stephan

What do you guys think?

Jim
===
Jim McCusker | mccusker@iname.com
http://cif.rochester.edu/~fprefect
Wax I in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster,
and your odors of father of elderberries! Go now far, or I
taunt you second once, you them English pig-dogs!
--Monty Python through babelfish.altavista.com