List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: "Teilergebnisse" for KSpread
From:       Oliver Lemke <oliver.lemke () kassel ! netsurf ! de>
Date:       1999-04-11 17:58:14

Bernd Johannes Wuebben schrieb:

> It's called 'Consolidate' or 'Consolidation' in the original Excel
> version.
>
> Bernd

I don't think so. In my Excel 7.0 there is "Konsolidierung" and also
"Gliederung". This must be two different functions. I think "Consolidate"
collects data form different tables an puts it in one table. I did not use
this function yet...

With "Gliederung" you can assign logical "levels" to data rows or columns and
hide or show the levels in your table. An example:

This is a part of a stock-list of a computer-dealer, you can see different
categories of hardware. In each category the different models are listet
together with the number of devices that are currently on stock. The row
under each category shows the number of all mainboards, modems etc.

           A            B
1  Mainboards
2  BigMother 586        12
3  AlwaysCrash 686      15
4  PCI-RunFast          9
5  TinyDevil P-IIIX     5
6  All Mainborads       41
7  Network-Cards
8  DoS-Maker 100        2
9  100TxPowerCon        10
10 EtherPower1G         5
11 All Network-Cards    17

Sometimes it is interesting for you to know only how many Modems you have in
general, but not exactly what for Modems these are. Yo would use "Gliederung"
to gruop the different types of mainboards and modems an put them on a
certain "level", note that the sums of the products are on a higher level.
Excel shows this by marking all cells within a group with a "bracket" on the
left border of your table (Uhm, hard to draw in ASCII):

               A            B
  |-1  Mainboards
  | 2  BigMother 586        12
  | 3  AlwaysCrash 686      15
  | 4  PCI-RunFast          9
  | 5  TinyDevil P-IIIX     5
*)+-6  All Mainborads       41
  |-7  Network-Cards
  | 8  DoS-Ready 100        2
  | 9  100TxPowerCon        10
  | 10 SpamPower1G          5
  +-11 All Network-Cards    17

If you click on the "+" near a "bracket" the lower levels within the
according group are inflated, only showing the next higher level. Let's click
on the "+" at row 6 (marked by *)) and have a look what happens:

               A            B
  |-1  Mainboards
  --2  All Mainborads       41
  |-3  Network-Cards
  | 4  DoS-Ready 100        2
  | 5  100TxPowerCon        10
  | 6  SpamPower1G          5
  +-7  All Network-Cards    17

As you can see, the listing of the various mainboard types is gone, because
they are on a lower level than the sums. Only the sums are shown now. If you
click on the "-" sign the lower levels are deflated and shown as usual again.

For me, this is a very handy feature not to get lost in big tables; it should
be included in KSpread. Easy to say this for a non-programmer...

Also,I hope I won't get tons of flames for my english from the native
speakers out there, but my school-english got a little bit rusty. ;-)

Oli