List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice development
From:       weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de
Date:       1999-04-11 14:01:22

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Oliver Lemke wrote:

> Jo Dillon schrieb:
>
> > > For engineering needs, different fonts in one cell would be nice. So you
> > > could write things like ´"sigma"  [kN/m^2]´. Replace "sigma" by the
> > > according greek character in the term before.
> >
> >   Hmm. This could tie in with Unicode support, I suspect.
>
> No, I think this is related with the use of different fonts in one cell. You
> would use the "symbol"-Font for the "sigma" in my example.
>
> Oliver

We have libkformula. Really nice! Why dont we link it with KSpread
and allow to insert such a formula in a cell. Of course we could make
it the openparts way, but the at a certain granularity it stops making
sense to use CORBA and a formula is a really small thing.

But that does of course notstop our demand for multifont, multicolumn,
multicolor/style whatever text in a cell.

There comes a crazy cool idea to my mind!
Qt 2.0 contains Matthias Ettrichs really cool QML. QML is an HTML like
XML language with style sheets. It is very flexible. You can even make
a QLabel contain some QML. We could allow a cell to contain QML, too.
In Qt 2.1 there may even be a QML editor. It is already available, but
very buggy and unfinished. However, I think that could save us a lot of
work.

Bye
Torben