List:       koffice
Subject:    Database Work
From:       Mike Barry <barry () atlantech ! net>
Date:       1999-03-28 16:37:35

KOffice Developers,
  I'm interested in developing, or working with others
who are doing the same, a small database similar to MSAccess.
I've searched the web for similar dbs and have not found any.
Mysql and Postgres are great databases but they only work
in client/server modes. Berkely DB is another great database
but it does not 100% support relational models or SQL queries.
  I have a need for a small rdbms that can be "embedded" into
an app just like MS's Jet engine.
  Does this sound like something you are doing? Does it make
sense to have something like this within KOffice? Has my
research been faulty and something like this all ready exists?

Thanks for your time,
   Michael Barry.