List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: qt-2.0 & kdelibs compile issues
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1999-03-21 10:23:47

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > jeff.obrien@excite.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have been attempting to compile the packages required for koffice for
> > > quite some time. I have read the instructions and followed them as best I
> > > could, and the faq, and combed dejanews for posts that may solve my compile
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > Has anyone attempted to compile qt-2.00beta-snapshot-1990309.tar.gz with
> > > egcs-2.91.60?
> > >
> > > I have been successful in compiling qt-2.00beta-snapshot-1990209.tar.gz,
> > > however I get ambiguos function call compile errors with
> > > kdelibs-19990319-source-qt20.tar.gz
> >
> > QT-2.0 is just settling down right now and KDE is in a major confusion,
> > since it's being moved from qt-1.4x to 2.0.  Some of this won't compile
> > most days and you can't actually expect compatibility on a day to day
> > basis.  Right now KDE and especially KOffice are not for normal people.
> >
> > I should know I have been doing the CVS thing since shortly after 1.0
> > came out and I am still running 1.1 now.  Most parts of the CVS version
> > either don't compile or don't work.
> >
> > Maybe in a couple of weeks it will have settled down to the point where
> > BETA testing becomes an option.
> >
> Well, for me kde and koffice compile fine. It crashes some times more
> often than with Qt-1.44 and looks here and there a bit strange in
> dialogs. But I wouldn't agree, that it doesn't work at all. It's
> definitly worth ALPHA testings (what GNOME would call release state ;)

KOffice dose compile for me. only the
*/kde/koffice/killustrator/standalone
Directory failed last time.  Other places I get other errors.  The
other parts have similar problems.  kdebase has 3 failed subsections
for instance.  When it comes to running segfaults or missing basic
functions is very common.  K456 ( my name for the spreadsheet ) doesn't
accept anything you type in.  KWord is 20+ megs ( all the other bins
are under 3 megs ).  most other parts segfaults at will.

Let's call this 2.0 now, since there is some kind of internet
celebration
in europe.

BTW : What dose this mean ?  I was stumped.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.