List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: qt-2.0 & kdelibs compile issues
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-03-21 9:49:45

> jeff.obrien@excite.com wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been attempting to compile the packages required for koffice for
> > quite some time. I have read the instructions and followed them as best I
> > could, and the faq, and combed dejanews for posts that may solve my compile
> > problem.
> >
> > Has anyone attempted to compile qt-2.00beta-snapshot-1990309.tar.gz with
> > egcs-2.91.60?
> >
> > I have been successful in compiling qt-2.00beta-snapshot-1990209.tar.gz,
> > however I get ambiguos function call compile errors with
> > kdelibs-19990319-source-qt20.tar.gz
>
> QT-2.0 is just settling down right now and KDE is in a major confusion,
> since it's being moved from qt-1.4x to 2.0.  Some of this won't compile
> most days and you can't actually expect compatibility on a day to day
> basis.  Right now KDE and especially KOffice are not for normal people.
>
> I should know I have been doing the CVS thing since shortly after 1.0
> came out and I am still running 1.1 now.  Most parts of the CVS version
> either don't compile or don't work.
>
> Maybe in a couple of weeks it will have settled down to the point where
> BETA testing becomes an option.

Well, for me kde and koffice compile fine. It crashes some times more
often than with Qt-1.44 and looks here and there a bit strange in
dialogs. But I wouldn't agree, that it doesn't work at all. It's
definitly worth ALPHA testings (what GNOME would call release state ;)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)
detrever lleps ot ysae ylgnizama s'ti