List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Writing Documentation
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1999-02-28 17:42:41

I didn't realize this immediately but the Last CVS update of KDE
I installed seams to think that $KDEDIR is '/'.  I didn't notice
immediately since I was attempting to install over a working KDE
setup.  'set | more' still shows $kdedir as '/opt/kde' and the
Makefile in each of the kde source directories lists /opt/kde as
the prefix.

I only noticed when I tried to enable 'system sounds'.  The sound
files didn't show up on the listing yet they were all in
'/opt/kde/share/sounds'.  '/share/sounds' however was empty.
further investigations found all the files in /bin /lib etc...

What could have caused this ?  My /etc dir is mostly the same
and The only things I installed recently were gnome-0.99.8
and emacspeak ( plus an upgrade to emacs-20.3 ).