List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Text flow problem - SOLVED
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-08 9:18:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 06 June 2009 15:43:41 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'm using kword 2.0 RC1 and attempting to build the second layout tutorial.
> I'm having huge problems.  Maybe it's the way I'm working, but I've had
> several crashes.  Here's what I'm trying to achieve.
>
> On a single page I want to create three linked text frames.  In kword 1 I
> would create a frame and start typing.  If it became full I would create a
> new text frame, link it to the first, and the text would flow into it.
> This doesn't seem to be working in 2.0 RC1.  I suspect that part of the
> problem is in setting the wrong "too long" parameter.  None of the three
> offered seem right.  I don't want a 'new page', I don't want the frame to
> grow.  If I set it to 'not show the extra text' it doesn't show it in
> either frame.  What should I be doing?

The problem appears to have been two-fold.  I updated to v.2.0.0 release,
which seems to have fixed the text flow problem.  The crashes/freezes seem to
have been caused by my forgetting to reduce the size of graphics embedded.
Perhaps there is a maximum size (in kb terms) that a page (or even a
document?) can handle?

Anne