List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kplato: Calculating schedule doesn't work
From:       Vidar Langseid <vl () ez ! no>
Date:       2009-05-19 7:56:42

Hi

On Monday 18 May 2009 02:47:22 pm Dag Andersen wrote:
> Mandag 18 maj 2009 13:16:25 skrev Vidar Langseid:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Monday 18 May 2009 Dag Andersen wrote
> >
> > >Hi Vidar.
> > >Your resource refer to calendar 'vl' which doesn't define any working
> > > hours at all. If you define some working hours, or use the 'Base'
> > > calendar instead it should work.
> >
> > Thanx. That was one missing link. I had totally overlooked the view for
> > specifying that. Your email got me on the right track.
> >
> > Fixing the working hours makes the warnings/errors in the log to
> > disappear. However, my four tasks (task1.1, task2.1,task2.2 and task2.3 )
> > are still scheduled in parallel (meaning that "vl" would need to work
> > 400% in order to comply with the suggested plan while the limit is set to
> > 100%). In View->Resource Assignments it only shows 8h a day.
>
> It seems to work here.
> Hmmm, did you create a new schedule or did you just recalculate the old
> one? If you created a new, you'll have to select the correct schedule to
> view in the View menu. (It should list all schedules you have calculated)
> Also, the schedule name is shown in the status line (bottom right).
I recalculated the old one. I also made a dependency between task2.1 and
task2.2 just for fun. But task1.1, task2.1 and task2.3 is still scheduled in
parallel (see attachment).

> I know, this isn't fantastic, it's easy to forget/overlook, so I'm *very*
> open for suggestions of how to improve this!
I don't think this is that bad, but I do have a different suggestion: When you
hit "calculate" button all trees in all views are collapsed. I suggest to add
"collapse all" and "uncollapse all" buttons in all tree-views. The state of
each tree-view should also not change when you press "calculate" button or do
save/open.

Best regards,
Vidar

--
vl@ez.no | eZ systems | ez.no

["kplato_vltest.kplato" (application/x-vnd.kde.kplato)]