List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice team is looking for webmasters
From:       "Alexandra Leisse" <alexandra () untangled ! biz>
Date:       2008-10-31 16:04:03

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 09:18, Mark Ziegler <mark.ziegler@rakekniven.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2008 schrieb Alexandra Leisse:
>> Here is a graphic version of my thoughts/concept, I hope that helps to
>> discuss the whole affair. :)
>> http://untangled.biz/stuff/KOffice_Web_Presence.gif
>
> Wow, I like that idea drawing.

:)

> The wiki branch fits in techbase as well in my opinion. See
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects . Each project could find its place here.
> The benefit would be that there is no need for additional installs and
> maintenance.

I see up- and downsides of this. Currently I simply try to avoid
unnecessary work which would come with moving content. And AFAIK the
current wiki doesn't need much maintenance. So this might be something
for the longer term...

> Today Cornelius send an email to kde-www (subject: "Creating a plan to action
> for the KDE web presence"). I referred to your drawing and wrote done my
> thoughts.

Cool. I'm pleased to hear that. Could you forward those emails to me, please?

>> What I'd really like to see is a CMS based landing page as this makes
>> editing of any content so much quicker and easier for everybody. To my
>> experience, wordpress might be a good choice as it barely needs
>> technical maintenance (maybe 5mins/month), combines static with
>> dynamic content and provides a zillion of plugins for every need. I
>> would be able to set it up though I might need some help on coming up
>> with a good looking template... (but first things first).

> Can wordpress handle many sites in one install?

It needs some additional work, but it seems so.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Multiple_Blogs

> We should reach a consensus about cms before starting actions.
> The cms discussion will go on :-)

As the KOffice project seems to be willing to take care of the site
anyway, I don't see any issues there. Which of course doesn't exclude
using the same system when the webteam has made a decision.

-- Alexandra