List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice:: Krita TRUNK vs. Eigen
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-09-13 20:09:20

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Alexandra Leisse wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org>
>>  wrote:

>>> Yes? That's not news, is it?

>>> He probably messed up something in his install. For a
>>> linux-from-scratch user he's generally not too good at compiling
>>> and installing from source.
>> I do wonder about the tone here...
>
> James and I go back a long time. He's been telling me I was coding
> the wrong application, and worse, an application he didn't have any
> use for, since 2003, in mail, on mailing lists, on the dot and on
> every website he could find that discussed Krita.

Interesting rhetorical device to distort what I said so that you can
claim that you are right and I am wrong.

What I said were three things which are still true:

1.	Most users of an office suite have little use for an application
	such as Krita.  What they need is a basic paint and drawing
	application to do basic design.  I guess that this does mean
	that Krita is the wrong application for what many users need.

2.	Krita will not do what I need.  I need a drawing application
	that allows total digital control of all operations like the old
	and outdated Xfig does.

3.	I see no reason to have two separate applications (Krita &
	Karbon).  It would be more useful to me to have a single
	application that would do both pixel and vector graphics.

> Before that, he did the same to the previous maintainer of Krita. And
>  his use of LFS has given him problems before,

I build from source and report the problems that I have.  Some people
find this helpful.  Any project needs build testers.

> problems that he has always been quick to blame me for.

Perhaps due to your incorrect statements about various things.  Last
issue was that I found a REAL bug in Krita.  Yes, due to your past
attitude and tone, I incorrectly attributed the cause, but the bug was
real and there was an error in the code.  This problem had nothing to do
with the fact that I had built from source.

--
JRT