List:       koffice
Subject:    Presenting KOffice 2.0; was: Standalone KOffice for Linux, Please
From:       "Alexandra Leisse" <alexandra () untangled ! biz>
Date:       2008-08-22 15:12:45

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Inge Wallin <inge@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> On Friday 22 August 2008 10:45:42 Thomas Zander wrote:
>
>> All our media should use the wording that "KOffice is based on KDE"
>> instead of the old "KOffice is for KDE".
>
> With the risk of highjacking the thread, I want to point out that you put the
> finger on a very important point.

I made up a new one, to keep things sorted...

> We have a hard work in front of us to get KOffice accepted for use on all
> platforms: Windows, Macintosh, KDE... and Gnome.  And of those four, I think
> the last one is going to be the toughest.
>
> We have to think a lot about how to present KOffice 2.0 to the world before
> the real release of 2.0.

I registered a talk for OpenExpo which is scheduled for Sep 24th.
Intention was to promote KOffice to a rather techsavvy audience as
well as preparing the new release. I kept the abstract fuzzy enough to
lead this talk into whatever useful direction.

If you intend to think about how to present 2.0 IMHO you should start
soon as this needs some wise preparation and should be done before
beta1. This will give us the opportunity to promote the release as
effectively as possible and create enough interest _before_ the
release.

Maybe we can come up with a rough concept and then discuss it further
with the promo-team to make sure this effort gets widely spread. I
remember Jos Poortvliet putting it up already during a BoF at Akademy.

I'd be happy to get input from your side and be surely available for discussion.

Alexandra