List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kspread on windows
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2008-01-11 20:21:58

On Friday 11 January 2008, Ananth A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> have a few questions about kspread on windows:
>
> - is there any plans to port kspread to windows in the 2.0 release ?

That is still our intention.

> - has anyone compiled it under windows so far ?? if yes, could you
> provide me the steps to try it out ?

It has been compiled under windows, but last time I tried it myself it turned
out my windows laptop had been locked down so badly by my employer it was
basically impossible for me.

> - is anyone currently working on kspread for windows ??

I don't think so -- it shouldn't be too hard, if you've got all dependencies
compiled, kspread should compile easily. Of course, what KOffice really needs
right now is someone who figures out the steps, documents them & keeps
KOffice compilable on Windows, like Marijn Kruisselbrink does for OS X.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi