List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Pictures in Kwrite.
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-26 17:14:24

On Friday 15 June 2007, Sandro Cristiano wrote:
> Some days ago I´ve just downloaded some .doc texts from a website but
> when I open them with Kwriter I´m unable to see the pictures while in M$
> Word I can see them normally. How can I cope with that? That´s the only
> problem I´ve been having so far and I just think KOffice is great I love it,

I think you mean KWord :)
The .doc importer in KWord doesn't support pictures; it has never been implemented,
for lack of a precise specification of the many ways to embed pictures into .doc documents.

However you could simply open in OO, and then save as .odt, then KWord will
read that document just fine.