List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Text and image frames ...
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-06-13 14:13:37

Am Wednesday 13 June 2007 um 10:43:08 schrieb zed:
> Hello
Hi

> Is it possible to rotate text and image frames in KWord?  I have recently
> joined the Linux world after many years in the RISC OS environment, where I
> used two DTP packages (Impression Publisher and OvationPro) in both of
> which this was possible.

[OT]
Pah! TechWriter was much better then Impression Publisher! ;-)
I just search and you can still get a licence:
http://www.iconsupport.demon.co.uk/Products/TechWriter/TechWriter pro.html
http://www.iconsupport.demon.co.uk/About_us/About_us.html

Using RiscOS was a great time. What a remarkable Software quality we already
had 10 - 15 years ago! But now welcome in the FOSS world which has it own
charm, especially the KDE comunity :-)
[/OT]

To go on topic, you can of course cheat a little bit by embedding a kpresenter
object into kword. In kpresenter its possible to rotate object and this
includes text boxes and images. I attach a small odt-file that shows this
trick.

Regards from Germay on a warm but sticky Wednesday afternoon

Bye

  Thorsten (used a modded Archimedes A3000 till 1999)

["test.odt" (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)]