List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: using koffice libraries
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2007-05-30 6:29:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 29 May 2007, Christoph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Christoph and I am the developer of kletterwizard which is a
> little tool to write letters. Its focus is to be very easy to use. At the
> moment I am using latex to produce the output. But latex has some problems
> when it comes to internationalisation and encoding. So I would like to use
> koffice-libs to create the output. But I still have some questions:
>
> 1: Is it possible to use koffice-libs from outside of koffice ?

In theory yes -- but it hasn't been done yet. We also don't guarantee api
stability at the moment.

> 2: Is there any tutorial or short introduction how to use koffice libs ?

Well, we've got apidox but nothing more than that.

> 3: Can I use kword as a kpart to display the result ?

Yes, but it would be better to use flake and use the Text shape for that; if
you use KWord as a kpart then you get everything, from footnotes to tables of
contents.

> 4: How difficult is it to use templates to generate the document ?

Really, really easy, especially if you build up the flake library.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi