List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Word Count For KWord?
From:       John Meyer <johnmeyer () pueblonative ! com>
Date:       2007-05-22 16:43:03

Graham wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2007 23:02:02 +0200
> David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:
>

>> On Monday 21 May 2007, Graham wrote:
>>
>>> There is not a word count option in KWord (I'm using 1.6.2) that I
>>> can find.
>>>
>> It's in the File menu. File / Statistics.
>>

> Thanks David, that helps.
>
> Its located in an obscure location, however, as I would not thought of
> looking for a word count facility in File/Statistics.  Any chance of
> migrating this one to the Tools menu?

I don't think of that as an obscure location.  Other word processors do
keep something akin to Document Statistics in the file menu, such as
author, date modified, and even number of words.
And if you are looking to Insert the number of words,
Insert->Variable->Statistics goes right on there.  Maybe "Variable" will
throw you (I think of it more as a field), but it's not that odd.