List:       koffice
Subject:    Which scripting language to use with KSpread?
From:       Terry <teaman () exemail ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-12-04 14:09:17

I'd appreciate a head start on choosing the right scripting language to
use with KSpread.

Last year I spent several weeks converting my Lotus spreadsheets to
OpenOffice and the related scripting to StarBasic.  Since then, I've
wondered whether I should have taken the plunge and used Python instead,
although OpenOffice does not seem to cater well for Python scripting.

With Python, on the other hand, I would have a language that could
conceivably have other uses, whereas StarBasic is limited to OpenOffice
and StarOffice.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the relative merits of the choices
available for scripting for KSpread?

Regards.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.