List:       koffice
Subject:    Compatibility
From:       Frank Verleun <frank.verleun () raben-group ! com>
Date:       2006-12-01 22:39:54

Hi,

I installed Kubuntu (KDE) on my laptop to investigate a better and cheaper way
for my company to use our current hardware.

I found KOffice after using OO for a while, I like Kontact as outlook like
solution, so I installed Koffice today.

It really looks nice, but after some minor test it seems not possible to use.
Word docs, xls or ppt's are not converted rightly or not converted at all.
Even not formulas in KSpread which are the same as in MS literally...

If you want to "set foot" in the "office world" these issues are vital. As
long as 99,9% of all business are using Microsoft's it is mandatory.... life
is hard....but setting a new standard is virually impossible.

Why isn't this your 1st priority? Or did you decide not to follow
this "standard" and accept a smaller installed base?

Please let me know if I am missing something here!

I am unfortunately not a programmer or have technical knowledge.

Regards & I hope to hear from you.

Frank.