List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: KOffice Lies about requirements and then refuses to accept bug
From:       "John McCann" <JMcCann () median ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-11-08 22:22:44

First an apology to KDE and KOffice I shouldn't have used the word lies.

Sorry if this doesn't land in the thread which wouldn't surprise me I
don't trust outlook as far as I can throw it.

From: David Faure
>Editing the parameters in the URL might have been a way to work around
it.

Are you talking about http://bugs.kde.org if you are everything seems to
be done via POST rather then GET commands so you don't seem to be able
simply edit the URL. Though I think you might be talking about some bug
report feature in KOffice which I don't have installed ( I'm build this
it for Kitra sounds like it might have some good features we can use at
work ) and I presumed I would have to install new version of KDE which I
didn't really want to do to be able to build with KDE 3.3.

From: Boudewijn Rempt
>Yes, it's quite probable nobody compiled it against an old Qt, so this
kind
>of mistakes slips in. We don't have a build farm, just our (that is,
the
>developers', personal machines), and we haven't gotten reports from the

>distributions because no distribution still ships 3.3.0.

Yeah I'm not actually using such an ancient build I'm using CENTOS 4.2
which is well based on RHEL4.2 which should cover a reasonable userbase
it is getting a tad old now. It had Qt 3.3.3 and some redhat version of
KDE 3.3.1-3.11 Red Hat ( and as such needs an extra work around to build
).

From: Thomas Zander
>As David Faure already said in another email, we can provide small
personal
>updates to make sure you can continue your compile.

Such actions are not needed I'm not paying for support so I don't expect
that I should be support the only reason this email happened was I
couldn't I put in a bug report for build that wouldn't build on the
advertised platform.

I've my extract source which had various changes to fix things some of
them in appropriate ways.

John McCann